Monday, February 29, 2016

A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman

Where do I begin? OMG, this book was fabulous! It has to be one of the best books I've read. I would say this year but it's only March, but guaranteed, come December, I will still say this was the best book I've read.

Simply put, this is a nice story.

It makes you laugh. It makes you cry. It is filled with lOVE.

Meet Ove. He is described as a curmudgeon. While he sees black and white, his wife saw colour. He is the kind of man who will point to people he does not like, as if they were up to no good. He likes routines. He is known as bitter by his neighbours. He drives a Saab. Anything else means you're stupid!

And while you think I'm asking you to read a book about a cranky old man, this book is also filled with saddness. And it's filled with joy.

Ove likes his routine. And he has a plan. And it all gets turned upside down when a young couple and their two little girls move next door. They drive a uHaul (no cars allowed in the residential area) and run his mailbox over. And, a beautiful, yet strange, friendship begins.

All I can really say about this book is you need to read this book!!!!!





1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

This one sounds right up my alley. Thanks!

=)