Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ethan's First Day of School

Last week Ethan started school. He now goes to the French School, which I believe is the only school in Dar that doesn't have a uniform. He's in the Petit Section (pre-school). I had to work last Wednesday, so I missed his 1st day, something I was really looking forward to. I actually cried as I left for work that morning.

So with me working, that left Scott in charge of taking Ethan to school. Apparently, Ethan was a champ. He walked into the classroom, found some blocks that looked interesting and began to play.

When I got home that afternoon, I asked Ethan how school was.


"Good" he replies.


"What did you do?" I ask.


"I didn't hit."


"Well that's good, what else did you do?"


"I didn't cry. Lily cry. Alot"


"I'm glad you didn't cry. But what did you do?"


"I speak French. Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, dix!"






This week I haven't had to work, so I got the pleasure of taking him to school. Apparently that's not such a good idea. On Monday, he cried. A lot. Tuesday was whining. Today was better. I got a kiss and while he was busy playing, I got to sneak off.
But I still can't beleive my boy's in "big school"!



1 comment:

Faiza said...

Hey F! Love the pics and can't wait to chat in French with your little man in London in a few weeks!

Bonjour Ethan!