10 reasons why you're glad it's Fall.
We don't have fall here. Our seasons are hot, hotter and wet! So instead of my 10 reasons why I'm glad it's fall, I'm putting together my 10 reasons why I miss Fall.
1. The pretty colours. I miss seeing the leaves change colours. It's stunning.
2) Fall means Thanksgiving. And again, I miss turkey time with the family.
3) The cooler weather. It's getting onto summer here, which means unbelievably hot, then when we get home at Christmas, it's cold. I want that nice, cool weather.
4) Fall means it's getting on Halloween. And what's not to love about Halloween. While people will throw a Halloween party, I miss seeing children come trick-or-treating.
5) The smell. Yes, the smell. I seem to remember a nice, crisp smell of autumn.
6) TV. The new season of all my favourite shows begin. I get to read on Facebook when something exciting happens, but I have to wait till it either comes here, or until it comes out on DVD. No more excitement over sweeps!
7) Back to school shopping. I love an excuse to shop, and even though we all went back to school here, there isn't really the back-to-school excitement.
8) Apple picking. I use to go apple picking with mates in high school. Then we'd have a slumber party with apple pancakes!
9) Playing in the fallen leaves. It's not just for kids you know.
10) Once all the wonderful festivities are done with, you know that winter is on it's way and so is the snow, and Christmas. Snow.... another thing we miss here. But that's another story.....