The Lady Bloggers Society offers up at 5-day writing challenge. I think I'm up for it! Today we're asked for something we've outgrown. This is a tough one. Seriously. There are things I know I should have outgrown by now.... but haven't. Here's my list:
1. I should have outgrown teen books. But I still like them. I gobbled up all the Twilight books within a week. I just finished If I Stay. And I'm sure I'll read more. I like to say I will continue to read these because I'm a teacher, but let's be honest, I'll still read them for my own personal pleasure.
2. And if you outgrow teen books, then you outgrow teen movies. Yes, I do believe I've outgrown them. I will still go and watch Twilight, as I feel obliged as I started watching them, but I can honestly not think of any teen movies I've recently watched.
3. The Disney Channel. Yes, once again, this is not something I should watch. And yet, I find myself understanding Ethan when he talks about "the boy who sings and then he fell in the mud". Yes, I watch the Disney Channel. In my defence, I watch it with my son.
4. I have outgrown the chocolate sundae. This was the ultimate dessert at one time. The promise of a chocolate sundae after dinner was a guarantee I'd clean my plate. Now, I'm all about the latte and, possibly, a slice of tiramisu. Or a chocolate tart. Or a mousse. Well, something rich and chocolatey. Which means....
5. I have not outgrown my love of chocolate. I still crave a teeny tiny piece, at least once a day. My taste has grown. I now love it when we travel, because Scott will pick me up some Lindor truffles.
6. Gossip Girl. I gobbled up Season 1. I had read the series, and couldn't wait to see the series. I loved Season 1. I have no desire to watch the remaining seasons.
Hmmm.... maybe I'm just not ready to grow, so therefore I don't outgrow anything. Hmmmm.....