Thursday, January 27, 2011

Soulless - Gail Carriger

The 3rd book I've read this year (so far), is also my February book club book. Soulless by Gail Carriger. It also fits in perfectly with my 11/11 Challenge, being the 1st in a series, The Parasol Protectorate.

Soulless is right up my alley. Vampires, werewolves, supernatural. All taking place in Victorian London. After some issues with voice in the 1st book of the year, I loved the voice here. The author writes in the 3rd person, and you can really here the British!

Our heroine, is Alexia Tarabotti, a spinster who happens to be a preternatural, a person born without a soul. When she touches a supernatural, they are, back to human; a werewolf returns to human form, a vampire's fangs retreat.

I'm not sure if Soulless is a romance book, or a mystery. But both parts of the book were enjoyable.



No comments: