I had a bad couple days at work.
I actually considered quitting.
It's all good now.
With it being the 29th today,
and it being a cool thing,
I thought I'd heed some advice from my principal
and remember the good things.
So, here's my list of
29 Things I Love About Teaching.
1. I love sharing my experiences with my students.
2. The ability to help students acheive their best.
3. Knowing that I inspire some of my students.
4. I feed off the energy of my students.
5. I get to share my enthusiasm. Did you know enthusiasm is contagious?
6. Teaching grade 2 is amazing. You can't imagine how much growth there is.
7. I work with a group of fabulous professionals.
8. You never get bored of teaching.
9. Have you ever seen a lightbulb go on in one of your students?
10. I have an administrator that listens and is supportive.
11. I get to read. Every. Single. Day!
12. I get to share my love of books with 20 other people.
13. I have the best assistant teacher.
14. My teaching partner thinks I'm great!
15. I honestly have the job I've always wanted.
16. I get siblings who know who I am. It's like being a rock star.
17. Kids say the darndest things!
18. Seeing children help each other out.
19. Hugs! I love getting hugs from my students.
20. I get to travel. With the vacation time I get, I get to see the world.
21. I love it when students ask thoughtful questions.
22. I learn all kinds of things from my students.
23. I get to act like a ham in front of my class. And they still love me!
24. A month off at Christmas, Easter Break, Mid Term breaks, Summer Vacation!
25. Ethan and I get to go to school together.
26. I get a kick out of telling my students we're going to play a game, and they think I'm not teaching them anything!
27. I have the best timetable ever, this year!
28. If a lesson's going stray, you can improvise and the students never notice.
29. It's who I am.