Thursday, February 23, 2012

Valley of Silence - Nora Roberts


I've noticed that I tend to read a lot of series. And while I enjoy them, I do have a pet peeve. When it comes to the last book of the series, I'm usually disappointed. The last few books don't tend to have the same pull or excitement as the first few. 

Well, that was not a problem here. Valley of Silence is the last book in the Circle Trilogy and I have to say it's my favourite. 

In Morrigan's Cross, Cian is turned into a vampire. His brother Hoyt is visited by the goddess Morrigan and told he must travel into the future and gather the Circle of Six who will battle the evil vampire queen Lilith. During this book, we watch as the circle is formed, we see them train, learn about each other, and we see Hoyt fall in love with Glenna.

In book 2, the training continues. This time we watch as Blair fights her feeling for Larkin.

Now the Circle of Six consists of 3 men and 3 women. Two sets have been paired off, so obviously you enter this one knowing it will be all about Moira, Queen of Gaell, and the vampire, Cian. Ok, asides from the whole war thing which is so sad, how does a vampire and a queen from another land possibly make it work?

My mate, Sarah, recommned this series. I started crying at chapter 17 and I still had over 200 pages to go. Needless to say, I texted her, wanting to know if I should expect to cry for the next 200 pages. I did. On and off. It got pretty dicey there too, for awhile, but Sarah has never steered me wrong. And neither did Nora!



2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I always enjoy her plots, though she gets a little too sexy for me at times. Sounds like another story my daughter would love, with the vampire twist and all.

=)

Darlene said...

Yes, Sue's daughter would enjoy this vampire story. Her sister, Jayne would too. As for me, I have never liked anything about vampires, but this series does sound interesting. I can't imagine it being a story that would make you cry.

I probably won't read it though, because I am not too thrilled about reading series books. I usually get in on the middle or the last one before I realize I haven't read the first one.

At any rate, I'm glad you enjoyed it.