Tuesday, February 7, 2012

52 Weeks of Happiness - Week 49

Scott has gone to SA this week for a mining conference.
Usually, when he travels, I don't tend to eat proper meals.
My housekeeper, Mary, seems to have picked up on that.
And she disapproves.
Today, I came home to some butternut risotto.
YUM!

I also, stupidly, volunteered to bake 25 cupcakes
for Ethan's 100th Day of School celebration.
After school today, Mary baked a batch with Ethan.

Mary is strict with Ethan.
She doesn't let him get away with spending his afternoon in front of the TV.
She plays with him outside in the afternoons,
after spending the day cleaning up our mess.
And still finds time to cook for us.


Mary is the key to my happiness!





4 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

She sound wonderful!

=)

Jen said...

Oh how I wish I had a Mary too!

Kim said...

Oooo, I would love happiness like Mary. :) She sounds like a wonderful person and friend to have around.

Darlene said...

You are so fortunate to have a housekeeper! She sounds like a very caring one too, which makes her all the more valuable.

I also am going to have to find a recipe for butternut squash risotto. I don't even know whether I'm spelling it right, but so many people are eating it these days. You must be about the fifth person that I blog with that has talked about eating it.

I'm sure Ethan's cupcakes turned out well. He has a happy look in the picture of him with Mary. But, I think Ethan must always be happy. I love his smile!