Monday, January 23, 2012

P.H.A.T.

I've enjoyed the last 5 months living in Lusaka.
I've probably enjoyed it a wee bit too much.
It would appear life in Lusaka means gaining a kilo,
or two.
I knew I had to join.

I found some colleagues at work who also wanted it.
We tweaked the chart a bit.
And we're off!

This is week 1 for us.
Today is day 1.
I don't think I've drunk so much water!

I'm really excited for this challenge,
since it's not so much a diet,
as a life choice.
You earn points for being healthy.
Eating your fruits, veggies, drinking water, exercising. 
My struggle will be staying away from the lattes 
or anything sweet.
Or even giving up wine o'clock!

We've all put in 100,000 Kwa ($20)
and each week the person with the most points gets a,
non-food related,
treat.
We've even given ourselves a name.
PHAT
Physical, Healthy, Active Teachers.

I went out for a walk with 2 colleagues yesterday.
I planned to take a picture of me,
so I could post a before,
and hope the after is much better.
I'm a little scared of the before shot.
Let's see how I do at the end of the 8 weeks,
and maybe I'll share both.

Yes, I'm chicken!!!!

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Go, Tima!

=)

Kim said...

Woo hoo Good for you. I can't wait to read along your journey.