Sunday, January 22, 2012

Morrigan's Cross - Nora Roberts

My mate Sarah introduced me to the Black Dagger Brotherhood and the Drake Sisters. I love them both. She also gave her seal of approval to the Cat & Bones series. So when she recommended Nora Roberts trilogy, I'd be a fool to pass up.

To be honest, I've never read anything by Nora Roberts. I know she writes romance novels, but have never read one. Have never been interested. To be honest, when Sarah told me about the trilogy, I wasn't entirely sold. But then Christmas vacation came around and I needed some books. 

Morrigan's Cross is a trilogy about vampires, love, goddesses, time travel. I don't know how else to explain it. In 17th century Ireland, Hoyt's brother Cian is turned into a vampire. The goddess, Morrigan, comes to him and tells him he must lead an army against the powerful vampire Lilith. He is thrown through time to current day New York, where he meets his brother and a witch, Glenna. Together they are the first of the army.

So, I have to admit, I had some issues with the beginning. So in the 17th century Lilith creates vampires, but the battle will happen today? The Gods are allowing her to continue to create vampires, and build her army for a thousand years before the battle? I had issues with Hoyt's time travel.

But I got over it.

There's a wonderful power between Hoyt and Glenna. We see Hoyt return to his Irish home, but a thousand years after leaving it. There's the relationship between Hoyt and his twin. Cian is no longer human, but still his brother, is he not? 

The biggest issue I had with the book, was the ending. There was none! It continues in the second book. And I don't have it. But Sarah came to the rescue. She's sent it to me. So I will be back with news on what happens next....




No comments: