Thursday, November 22, 2012

Writer's Worksho - Thankful

We're going around the table and it's your turn to share
what you are thankful for....

A few of my mates on Facebook
have been participating in a month
of thankfulness.
I loved the idea
and seeing what they were thankful
for everyday.
I thought of participating,
but being Canadian,
our Thanksgiving was in October
so I didn't feel right about it.
But now,
well now I can share.

The last few months have been rough.
With Scott being in Kitwe,
I'm awfully lonely
and hate it.
And while I constantly 
moan and complain,
I'm thankful for a husband
who has put himself in an uncomfortable position
and never complains. He's doing what he
feels is best for his family, and 
no matter how much I whine and complain,
I know I have the better end of the bargain. 

I spent most of today
working on a paper for one
of my courses. 
It took longer than I thought
it would.
I promised Ethan this afternoon,
that we could watch a movie 
together tonight.
I am thankful for having completed my paper.
I am thankful for a son
who enjoys cuddling with me
on the sofa
while watching a Disney movie. 

When I was in Dar,
I had two great mates
that indulged me with Twilight.
We would go see the movie
and criticise and laugh.
Last year
I managed to find someone to go 
with.
She laughed along with me.
Then she moved to Kosovo!
But tomorrow,
yes,
tomorrow I have plans with some great
mates to see Twilight.
I am thankful
to have mates
willing to see Twilight with me
even though they know
I will laugh the whole way through. 

While studying today
I sooo needed a break
and treated myself to a 
mani/pedi.
I am thankful for
cute toes and fingernails. 

I hope everyone's having
a wonderful Thanksgiving.






3 comments:

Darcy said...

Have a great day even if you already experienced your Thanksgiving :)

carol daniels said...

It is easy to complain and forget how hard our spouse's work to make our life so comfortable. Thanks for the reminder.

Unknown said...

You won't laugh at the newest Twilight. I thought all of the previous movies were a little cheesey but this last one is phenomenol. I cried a little at the end.