Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Lightening Thief - Rick Riordan

For some time now,
my teaching partner has been talking about
a series her younger daughter loves.
She could never remember the name,
only that it was about Greek Gods.
Last week, 
she and another mate were chatting about the series.
My other mate
also could not remember the title
but recalled it was about the 
son of Poseidon.
So, of course,
I googled it,
and just had to read the first one.

The story is about
Percy Jackson,
who keeps getting kicked out of boarding schools,
has been labelled a trouble maker
and has all kinds of weird things happen to him.

One summer day,
he's going away with his mom,
and is attacked by a Minotaur.
He then finds himself at Camp Half-Blood
where he learns he is the son of Poseidon.
He is also sent on a quest,
to stop the impending war
between Poseidon and Zeus.

I can see why this book is loved by
kids.
I loved it.
I can't wait to read more.


1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

My grandson has enjoyed these.

=)