Thursday, August 1, 2013

Midnight Frost - Jennifer Estep

When there's a series I enjoy,
I tend to pre-order the next book
on my Kindle.
It's like Christmas Day.
You forget about it.
Then one day, 
open your email to read that the book your preordered
has been delivered to your Kindle.
Christmas!
A book!

And that's just what happened this week.
I opened my Kindle to find a new book
waiting to be read.

Midnight Frost
is the fifth book in the 
Mythos Academy series.
Gwen has survived the latest Reaper's attack.
Logan, 
feeling guilty, 
has left her.
Her days are the same,
school, grandma, library.
One day,
while working at the library,
she catches a Reaper poisoning her water bottle.
And while she does not drink it,
Nickamedes does.
Now Gwen and her friends
must find the plant that will be the antidote.

Without Logan by her side,
Gwen is tougher.
She's able to stand on her own.
I loved that.
And,
we learnt more about Gwen's family.
She meets a cousin she never knew she had,
and learns about her father.

But Loki shall rise.
And we have to wait till spring to find out
what's in store for Gwen and her mates.


1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

I am waiting for a couple of pre-ordered books from favorite authors myself. I totally get the elation of having them arrive.

=)