Monday, June 25, 2018

Father's Day Interview

We're a little late posting this. But better late than never. Ethan's much older now than when we first began this. The first time we tried this was in 2010 and Ethan was 4 years old. You can see his responses here. Ethan's about to turn 12, so his responses are a little more thoughtful and mature.

1. What is something Daddy always says to you?
      "Do your homework!"

2. What makes Daddy happy?
      "Ummm people not stealing his stuff! I'm just joking. People who do their jobs right."

3. What makes him sad?
      "When I don't do what he asks. Or when either Mommy or I get hurt. That makes him sad."

4.  How does he make you laugh?
      "He tells me Dad jokes. They're not funny. But it makes him laugh."

5. What was Daddy like as a child?
       "All I know about him as a child was that he was really skinny. Oh and that he was born in
          Canada. And I don't think he wore glasses. He had a brother named Greg. And two caring 
          parents. Boom! That's all I know."   

6. How old is Daddy?
     "50! Ha, I know that!"

7.  How tall is he?
     "I don't know...how about 6 foot? 5 foot 8?"

8. What is his favourite thing to do?
      "Watch TV and play the racing game on his iPad. And swimming. And telling people what to do.          He likes that!"

9. What does Daddy do when you're not around?
      "I don't know what he does, I'm not around. He swims, plays on his iPad, tells people what to do.
        I don't know."

10.  If he becomes famous, what would it be for?
         "For telling people what to do. And for his swimming. He's a fast swimmer, like that butterfly               guy. What's his name? I don't know. Oh ya, Michael Phelps. He's the next Michael Phelps."

11.  What is Daddy really good at?
          "Didn't I answer this already? He's good at running a trucking company. He's good at telling                 people what to do. He's good at swimming. He's good at driving. He's good at looking young.             Yeah, I'm done."

12. What is he not very good at?
          "Ummm....baseball. Hahaha, he's going to hate me for saying that, but it's all I can think of."

13. What does he do for his job?
        "He runs a trucking company. Isn't he like a COO or something? He basically runs the place in              Zambia."

14. What is his favourite food?
         thinking for a very long time...."I don't know. I was going to say pizza but I don't think so.                  Maybe anything maa makes. He likes her cooking. And meat. Anything with meat. Like bacon.            Yes, bacon. That's my final answer. Boom, got it right!"

15. What makes you proud of Daddy?
       "How hard he works."

16.  If he were a cartoon character, who would he be?
         "Donald Duck!"

17. What do you and Daddy do together?
        "We play board games, we talk, we watch football, we argue, we swim, we play football. We do           stuff!"

18. How are you and Daddy the same?
       "We're both smart."

19. How are you guys different?
       "He's older than me, more mature, faster swimmer. He's smarter than me, even though I said we            were both smart."

20. How do you know he loves you?
       "Because he tells me every day. He's a nice person, he hangs out with me, he does what I like to            do. He follows my passions."

21.  Where's his favourite place to go?
      "Work! Ha, no home. He likes to go home a lot."







No comments: