Monday, October 19, 2015

Brighter Than the Sun - Darynda Jones

I'm a huge Charley Davidson fan. I mean, seriously, what's not to like about this girl. She's a PI, she names her body parts, she's strong-willed and feisty, and, let's not forget, she's the Grimm Reaper!

For eight books, I've followed her and her antics. And while I love her, I also love Reyes. You know, the son of Satan.

So then here comes Brighter Than the Sun. This is Reyes' story. According to Goodreads, it's book 8.5 of the series. I'm thinking it fits in better after book 1. But does it really matter?

First Grave on the Right introduces us to Charley and Reyes. We see how they meet and as we grow to love Charley, we also love Reyes. But he's always a part of her story. This time, it's his story.

In Brighter Than the Sun we learn Reyes' side of the story. We are brought into his nightmare with Earl. We see his love for his sister Kim. And we learn how Charley saved him from the nightmare that was his life.

If you're a fan of Charley's, and how could you not be, you'll love Reyes' story too.

No comments: