Monday, November 1, 2010

Muffin Tin Meal

This week's theme was Trees, Leaves & Harvest, and once again, I had a brilliant idea! It began with Ethan and I baking maple leaf shaped cookies. I thought it would be ever so cool to add food colouring to the cookie dough and make red, yellow and orange leaf shaped cookies. Ethan however, got confused. "Mommy, leaves are green, not red!" he exclaimed. And how true. Why did I possibly think he'd understand the concept of autumn, when he's only ever seen pictures of red leaves.

So our plan slightly changed, and since we missed last week's Halloween theme (due to us being lazy at Lazy Lagoon), I thought I'd combine the two.


We have our red maple leaf cookie, pumpkin break and pumpkin risotto.

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth



4 comments:

Unknown said...

The pumpkin foods look so yummy. I think the leaf if the right color.

Anonymous said...

So funny about the leaf colors. But very true on how the mind works. Pumpkin risotto.... hooray!

Leesa said...

Ha, I got a good giggle out of the confusion of the leaf color. You should definitely post the recipe for your pumpkin risotto.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Great tins and the pumpkin risotto sounds delish!