Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Happiness Project - Week 10

There's a picture
at my parents' place,
of me when I was younger,
giving my mum a gift.
She's unwrapping a tube of lipstick
I'd given her.
I say given
because I didn't buy it.
I remember,
for years,
whenever my parents' had a birthday,
or Mother's Day,
or Father's Day,
I would go around the house
and wrap things
that already belonged to my parents
and re-gift it!

This weekend
was Mother's Day.
And Ethan reminded me
alot of myself.

He woke me up Sunday morning,
asking me what I would like for breakfast.
He then realised,
with no Scott, 
I would have to make my own
breakfast.
So he left me to sleep
and wandered off.
He came back a few minutes later
with my breakfast.

Blueberry muffin

I got a coupon book as well.


I got a coupon for a hug and a kiss.
I thought those were for free.
Guess not anymore!

And just like his mommy,
Ethan found a gift he knew I'd love.
He picked a flower
from the vase of flowers
on the dining room table.



Happiness is having your 6 year old
plan a Mother's Day
all on his own.
























2 comments:

SarahMarie said...

Sweet boy!

Susan Anderson said...

Pretty creative, I'd say! Good for Ethan!

=)