Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Happiness Project - Week 9

When I lived in Dar,
I worked with various organizations
and charities.
I loved it.
I haven't really been involved in
Lusaka.
Not sure why. 

My friends,
Joy and Ken,
arrived in Lusaka at the same time as I did.
One day, 
they were driving their housekeeper home
and were shocked
to learn 
that the children they saw playing in the streets
were playing because they did not go to school.

So they started

Friday, 
after school,
I was shattered.
I just wanted to go home
and curl into bed.
But my photography class 
was going to Appleseed 
to practice taking pictures.










Aren't they precious?

Friday evening,
there was a fundraiser
for Appleseed at the school.
It was a concert
featuring the school choir
and the Appleseed choir.
It was fabulous. 




Happiness is feeling
inspired.
























2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Thanks for sharing the inspiration...

=)

Anna said...

Dear Tima,
i found your blog while searching for the info on Lusaka. Would you be willing to share with me some info on the life in Lusaka? I will be working there
as of September. Thank you, A
address:
annabrzozow@gmail.com