Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane - Kate DiCamillo

I read a lot of books to
and with
my students. 
I never include them on my blog.
I don't consider them a part of
my reading challenge.
However,
this book was a little different.

I was looking for a good
chapter book
to share with my class.
Our fabulous librarian suggested
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane.
I have been loving it.
As had my class.
I have a little over a week left,
before my time at AISL comes to an end,
and I was slightly concerned
that I would not finish the book.
So I brought it home to read.

Ethan took one look
and commented it was a fantastic book.
His class read it at the beginning of the year.
Ohhh..... this must be the book his teacher was telling me about.
Ethan cried at one point.
Makes sense.
I cried too.

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
is the story of a china rabbit,
who is loved by a little girl.
But does he love her?
He is suddenly separated from her
and so his journey begins.
Edward is now passing
from owner to owner
(or rather companions).
During his journey,
he endures great love and great tragedy.
He learns that no matter what happens in life
it is most important to open your heart....
and let yourself love and be loved. 





No comments: