Sunday, May 2, 2010

The TV Kiss

I love kissing Ethan. And I figure I better do it often, as one of these days he's going to embarrassed and will no longer want to kiss me.      :(   But until that day comes, bring on the kisses.

About a month ago I asked Ethan for a kiss, and planted one on his mouth. "No, not like that Mommy." Great, my kissing is being criticised by a 3 year old! So what am I doing wrong? "You need to kiss like on TV." Like on TV? What does that mean?

Have no fear, Ethan is there to teach me. He tilts his head to the side, and opens his mouth. Wide. I seriously thought he was going to swallow me! Where did he learn that? "It's how they kiss on TV," he tell me. Really? I thought all he watched was Disney and CBeebies. Since when does Mr Maker kiss like that?

It's been raining here all week. And while it's great to have the rain to cool things down, it's makes the days drag on and by Thursday, I was utterly knackered. I came home from work, and was in need of a nap. Ethan had a play date, so I made myself a cup of tea, and settled myself in front of the TV. Grease 2 was on. Oh don't be rolling your eyes at me! It's mindless entertainment, and I have no shame in admitting I like it. So I watched it!

Just before it ended, Ethan came home. Now I know I should have turned it off, but it was almost over, so Ethan joined me, and we chatted. Suddenly Ethan yells, "Look Mommy!!!!! TV kiss!!!! She's doing this." (Ethan grabs my face, tilts his head and opens his mouth.)

Well I guess I now know where he learnt that from. I need to do a better job at censoring what I watch when Ethan's around.

1 comment:

Faiza said...

this is going to be perfect for your speech at ethan's wedding!