Saturday, May 29, 2010

What a Great Way to Wake Up

I'm sick! I woke up this morning with a headache, a sore throat and am all stuffy. I did not want to wake up. Ethan got up, all bright-eyed and ready to start the day at 6:15am. It's the weekend Ethan! Sleep in! Scott took care of him, and let me go back to sleep.

An hour later, Ethan decided he had let me sleep in enough. It was time to wake up. So he wanders into my room and let's me know it's morning. "Wake up mommy", he says. I groan. He leans over with a kiss (a normal one, not TV version) and gently tells me "Good morning mommy." Am still not moving. So he crawls into bed, leans over, and gently sings;
     I love you forever
     I like you for always
     As long as I'm living
     My Mommy you'll be

How can I not wake up after that? Thank you Ethan. And thank you Robert Munsch.

1 comment:

Faiza said...

such a sweet little boy. what a wonderful way to be woken up!