Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cooking With Swarn - Paneer

I love paneer. Really, I do. Years ago I had dinner at a mate's and she made the best paneer dish I've ever tasted. It was a scrambled egg version of paneer. Delicious. So you'll never guess how thrilled I was to discover we'd be making paneer in class this past week!

This week's menu consisted of making our own paneer (yes, making it, not buying it), crumbled paneer with peas, and paneer stuffed paratha.

Paneer is unbelievably easy to make. Or at least Swarn makes it look easy. All you need is milk, once it starts boiling, add lemon juice, and voila! paneer!




Once the paneer was ready, we started on the curry part. Also easy! It's simply tomatoes, peas, paneer and spices!



And, of course, what Indian meal would be complete without the bread? This week we made, plain, and stuffed paratha!







1 comment:

Kim said...

That looks delicious! Send em some, please. ;-)