Tuesday, July 9, 2013

City of Bones - Cassandra Clare

Everywhere I look,
this book is sitting on display
at some bookshop.
I can take a hint.
It's meant for me to read.
And I'm ever-so-glad
I did.

Clary Fray is a teenager
living in Brooklyn
with her single mom
and hanging out with her best friend,
Simon.
Normal teen,
right?

Well, 
one night Clary and Simon head off
to a club,
where Clary sees 3 other teens
kill another.
Only thing is,
no one else sees them.
And thus begins
Clary's introduction to the Shadowhunters.
They are not so bad,
they kill demons.

Soon after discovering the Shadowhunters,
Clary's mother is kidnapped.
With the help of her new friends,
Alec, Jace and Isabelle,
they learn that Clary's mom has been kidnapped
because she had hidden the Mortal Cup.

Clary must now figure out
how to save her mom,
keep the Mortal Cup away from evil
and keep her friendship with Simon.

And you thought she was an average
teenager.


No comments: