Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Graceling - Kristin Cashore

I've had this book
on my Kindle
for who-knows-how-long.
I never got around to reading it.
And when I finally did,
I couldn't remember what the story was about.
Which was cool.
You start reading a book 
with no synopsis.
Everything is new.

Graceling takes place
in a fantasy world of seven kingdoms.
A handful of people are born
with unique skills,
called graces.
These graces cover a wide range of skills.
Katsa, the niece of King Randa,
has been grace with the ability to kill.
She is feared.
And she is used as a thug
by her greedy uncle. 

Then Katsa meets Po.
He has been graced with the skill 
of fighting. 
He shows her that she is not a thug.
And together,
they set off on an adventure.

I loved this book.
It wasn't a OMG-I-can't-put-this-down book,
but it was exciting.
Each time you thought you knew something,
you learnt something new. 

2 comments:

Juliana and Max's Mommy said...

The next one is totally as good but totally different. Glad you enjoyed it!

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds like an interesting premise. I think I will recommend this one to my grandson. Thanks!

=)