Monday, August 4, 2014

Kiss of Midnight - Lara Adrian

I've had this book
on my TBR list
for quite sometime.
But I never got around to reading it,
until now.
And once again,
I'm wondering why I waited.

So, the storyline here,
is eerily similar
to my beloved
Black Dagger Brotherhood series,
and for the most part,
I'm ok with that.
There are others out there
who call it a blatant rip off.

Lucan is a vampire.
A Breed vampire.
A Gen One vampire.
He is the leader and his quest is to destroy their enemies,
namely the Rogue vampires. 

Gabrielle is a photographer.
She's never felt like she belonged anywhere.

One night,
Gabrielle witnesses a grueling murder
and her life spins out of control.
She's introduced to the world of vampires
and meets Lucan.

Just like the Brotherhood,
the Breed protect one another.
They fight the evil us mere humans
cannot see.
And when they bond,
they are mated for life.

Despite the similarities,
this is one series I shall continue with.
And I won't wait as long to read the next one.

No comments: