Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Rainy Day Cooking

It has been raining.
A lot.
Our road is flooded,
the traffic sucks.
It's utter mayhem!

It rained again today.
So much so,
that afterschool activities were cancelled.
Ethan usually has his 
French Pastry class
on Tuesdays,
but this was also cancelled.

So Ethan and I came home from school,
thinking we'd have a quiet
afternoon.
I thought Ethan was playing upstairs
when I hear him call me.
He needs a little help.
I look up from my book,
and see he's wearing his apron.
"Oh sweet. He wants to bake together."
I think.

As I walk into the kitchen,
I see Ethan has all his ingredients
measured out.
He's making 
Blueberry Tea Cake.


Beating the butter, eggs & sugar.


Adding the flour.


And now the blueberries.


In the pan it goes. 


TaDa!


Yum!


No comments: