Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hitched - Dawn Rae Miller

If someone were to ask me
to name my favorite authors,
Dawn Rae Miller
would top it.
What makes her so great,
is her ability to get you to 
feel her characters.
You love them.
You care about them.
You feel like they are your friends.

A few years back,
I read Crushed.
I fell in love with Fletch.
The way the story was written,
it came to an end.
I never thought they'd be more.

But there was.

Hitched
picks up 5 years later.
Ellie and Fletch have broken up.
They meet again after 2 years
to attend their friend's wedding.
Still hurt,
Ellie isn't sure she can handle the weekend.

This is a lovely story.
While they are not many surprises,
what captures you are the characters.
From chapter 2,
I could not put the book down,
as I hurt.
Ellie hurt,
and I hurt.
I needed to know she would get better.
I needed to read on.
When Ellie was happy,
I was happy.

It's an easy read.
With the summer coming,
if you need a good beach book,
this one's for you.


No comments: