Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cooking With Swarn - Dinner Time

This session of Cooking with Swarn has come to an end. This past week was dinner time. Everyone attempted a dish we learnt and brought it to class, where we enjoyed great food, great wine, and the best company.

For my part, I went big. Joanna and I decided to tackle the chicken biryani together. Since there was a lot of prep work involved, Joanna marinated the chicken before I arrived. 


We then started on the potatoes and egg. We didn't par-boil the potatoes, which I think I'd do next time (like I'm really going to cook) as it took a long time for the potatoes to cook.


We then started cooking the chicken. I was a little nervous, as ours seemed to have a lot more liquid then the one we made in class. 


But it turned out great. Even Scott approved.


Everyone brought something. We had nan, raita, kebabs, butter chicken, and dal.


Cooking with Swarn has been brilliant!





No comments: