Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Moon Spell - Samantha Young

I love my vampires.
Yes, I know you know that.
But, seriously,
I love my vampires.
To the point,
that I often snubbed my nose at werewolves.
Then I found some books on the lycans,
and,
apparently,
I'm hooked.

Moon Spell is one of those books I came across.
The werewolves here,
have orgins linked to the Greek Gods.
Being a mythology buff,
I was hooked at once.

Caia was seperated from her pack at a young age.
For 10 years,
she lived under their protection,
but hidden away.
But now she's back.
Some pack members blame her for the deaths of their loved ones.
Others seem to fear her.
They know something she doesn't.
And I love how the book keeps you guessing.
There's a secret,
and unlike many books where the reader knows the secret,
here, you're as clueless as Caia is.
And there's a shocking surprise.
Now, I'm usually good at predicting the surprise.
Oh no! Not here.

Of course,
it wouldn't be a true YA novel
without a little love.
And you get it here.
Or rather you would if that darn Lucien
would admit his true feelings!

Did I mention that I love Spring Break?
Because now I can read the next book on my list
and still have time to pick up the second book
in this trilogy!


No comments: