Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lucky Man: A Memoir - Michael J Fox

I'm a huge Michael J Fox fan.
I even had his posters in my room
growing up.
So, you know,
I really enjoyed this book.

Michael talks about his life in Canada,
his aspirations to be an actor,
his move to Hollywood,
all the way to announcing to the world
that he has Parkinsons.

I also learnt a lot.
I learnt where the J came from.
His middle name is Andrew and
while I thought being called
Michael A Fox
was ok,
he didn't like that.
Plus,
it never occured to me that it would come out as
Michael Eh? Fox!

Did you know
at one point
he was so depressed from learning about
Parkinson
he started abusing alcohol,
a lot?

It was an easy,
light read.
And proceeds went to his foundation.


1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

I think he has faced his Parkinsons with a great deal of courage.

=)