Thursday, April 11, 2013

Writer's Workshop - Butch

The last thing your pet destroyed. 

When we decided to get a puppy,
I went through a list of
JR Ward's vampires
for a suitable name.
Scott caught on to the fact that
Wrath, Rhage, Vishious...
were all vampires
and vetoed them.
But Butch....
well Butch was not one Scott ever suspected.

Well....
if you are a WARDen fan,
you know that Butch is also known as
Butch the Destroyer.

I never expected my Butch
to be the destroyer.
But he is.

It began over Christmas.
Even though we arranged for Mary
to feed him and play with him,
he was not happy that we left.
He ate our trampoline.
The netting has been destroyed.

Then he decided he wanted to hang out next door
with the two Jack Russels.
He dug up our garden,
squeezed himself under the fence
and partied with the neighbours,
We put chicken wire under the fence to stop him from digging.

Then...
then...
a couple weeks ago,
I go outside to do the laundry
and feed him.
I step outside and see...
this thing...
I had no clue what it was.
As I got closer,
I noticed underneath all the dirt,
a bright green colour.
My bra!!!!!
The dog ate my bra!
Correction,
half my bra!
There, 
sitting on my lawn
is one half of my favourite
and only
green bra!!!!

A week later,
the other half showed up!




2 comments:

SarahMarie said...

I'm sorry - I'm laughing over here. :)

Susan Anderson said...

hahaha

Me too, Sarah. Me, too.

=D