Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Shades of Gray - Joleene Naylor

I am back to my vamps! Boy did I miss them. But this one was a little on the slow side.

Shades of Gray begins with Katelina discovering the body of her FWB. His throat was ripped out. She then gets a mysterious phone call telling her to meet "him" (mysterious caller) at night in some random place if she'd like to learn who murdered him. And so begins her adventure.

Katelina is now thrown in the middle of a war between two vampire covens. Jorick (the mysterious caller) is a vampire (it takes her awhile to figure it out) gets her involved. She is torn from her home (she cannot go back as the rival coven are now after her). It is not made clear why he chose to contact her. 

The storyline moves slowly. While there is a lot of action, it takes time for things to unravel. You are also left with questions that either take forever to get answered or never get answered. Although I did enjoy the humour behind Katelina and Jorick's relationship.



1 comment:

SarahMarie said...

I thought it was ok. I want to read the second one to see what happens, but I agree with you, it was pretty slow.