Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Cafe Book - Gail Boushey & Joan Moser

So we all know I loved The Daily Five and have gotten excited about starting the new school year. Well I'm now uber excited. 

The Cafe Book discusses assessment. CAFE stands for Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency and Extended vocabulary. After all, aren't these what we aim to instil in our students? 

They've set up CAFE as a menu, which gets displayed and students assist in choosing their goals. Just like you choose what you eat when you go to a restaurant, now they can choose their goals.

The book is filled with stories on how different aspects of CAFE are introduced, to help you get an idea. 

I look forward to implementing both The Daily Five and Cafe in my classroom and can't wait to see my students soar!!!

Can you tell I'm giddy???


No comments: