Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Daily 5 - Gail Boushey & Joan Moser

I was not happy with the way I conducted my literacy this last year. I really liked how I had done it the year before, and I'm not sure why this year was so different. But as I head to a new school, I want to make sure, I don't feel bad about the way it's done. I need inspiration.

A colleague of mine is a huge Daily 5 fan. And I liked the way her classroom worked, so I picked up the book, and did some reading, and am now inspired and looking forward to the new school year.
The Daily 5 is not a curriculum, but a management system. It's well organized and teaches students to be independent, allowing you, the teacher, to spend time with small groups or individuals. And isn't that what we all aspire to do?

Bring on the new school year. I feel motivated!


1 comment:

Kim said...

Great resource, thanks!