Tuesday, July 12, 2011

52 Weeks of Happiness - Week 19

I have a huge family.
Tons of cousins.
Too many to count.
When I was young, 
 we lived in Ottawa.
One summer, 
we were going to Toronto.
But this was a different visit.
My mum's brother was moving there,
from East Africa,
bringing along his 3 children.
They were all older than I,
but the youngest, Karima,
was pnly a couple of years older.
My mother worried I would be a bad influence.
LOL
Karima taught me about
makeup, clothes and boys.
As we grew older, 
we grew apart.

For the past 9 years,
while I've been in Tanzania,
Karima has been in Kenya.
And yet we've never gotten together.
Shame.

Last week, one of my aunt's called.
Karima and her kids were here,
She was having them over for dinner
and would Ethan and I like to join?

It turned out to be a whole family event.
Ethan got to meet more cousins
he's never met before.
Ethan is, 
slowly,
learning he also has a large family.








Happiness is meeting, and spending time with family.



5 comments:

Sciarada said...

Ciao Tima, your is a beautiful family!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Family time is so important. beautiful family.

Jessica said...

A family get together is a wonderful thing...looks like they had fun!

Susan Anderson said...

What a great chance to be together. It's so important, isn't it? Gives them a sense of identity to be with family.

=)

SarahMarie said...

He looks so happy!