Sunday, July 24, 2011

Expat Anonymous

At our home, in Valhalla, Ethan had a bedroom and a playroom.
His mate, Isaac, also had a playroom.
And so did his mate Alex.

My parents are moving to a new flat in Dar.
They brought Ethan and I to see it.
They bought the place a year ago, 
when construction was just beginning,
and we had no plans of leaving Dar.
They planned for Ethan to have his very own room
and even planned to have it painted.

So when they took us to see the place,
they pointed out to Ethan,
where his room would be.
It's now his room for when we visit. 
Ethan approves of his new bedroom.

As we were leaving, 
Ethan pulled me close to whisper in my ear.
"Where's my playroom, mommy?"



Hi, my name is Tima, and I'm an Expat.





2 comments:

Faiza said...

Hilarious!

Kim said...

What, are your parents not getting a flat in which Ethan gets two rooms?!? How awful of them. ;)