Monday, March 11, 2013

ShoeGate 2013

Every Christmas
we go home
to winter.
And the cold.
And snow. 
And every year,
I want to buy myself a pair of boots.
I don't have any.
I usually wear an old pair
of hiking boots,
or just some booties.
I never buy any.
It just doesn't make sense
to spend tons of money
on boots that will be worn 
for 3-4 weeks in a year.

At the end of October,
I saw a cute pair of booties
online
and on sale.
I thought,
since they were fairly cheap,
I could order them
and have them sent home to 
Canada.
That way,
I'd arrive to a cute pair of boots.
Only,
in my excitement,
I didn't check the mailing address
and had them sent here.

It was then December
and we were heading home.
My boots hadn't arrived.
And thus
ShoeGate happened. 

While shopping at Walmart
a few days before Christmas
I bought myself a cheap pair of boots.
I had no clue
that a part of my Christmas present
was a gift card to Aldo's 
to buy a pair of boots.

ShoeGate!

I used my Aldo card
to get myself
2 cute pairs of booties. 

Fast forward to this weekend.
We've all forgotten about
ShoeGate.
I head to Mercury
as I'm told I have a package.
My father-in-law sent some mail.
I got a care package from a mate in the US.
Oh, and a cute pink box.
My boots!!!!!!

ShoeGate 2013 has come back!!!


Aren't these the cutest?
How could something so small
and so cute
cause such an issue?


3 comments:

SarahMarie said...

How cute!

Susan Anderson said...

Those really are great boots!

=)

Darlene said...

I'm sure you will really enjoy wearing those darling boots, Tima and I'll bet they look great on you....you might take a picture of you wearing them. I would like that!