Tuesday, October 18, 2011

52 Weeks of Happiness - Week 33

Hello, my name is Tima and I love to shop.

I cannot recall if it was in high school or university that I was first introduced to Margaret Atwood. Knowing me, it was in high school, but I didn't appreciate her until university.

I'm a fan of dystopia, and after chatting with one of my colleagues, we came to the conclusion that Margaret Atwood is the Queen of Dystopia. I know there are those of you who will argue this with me. Hear me out. In 1985, she wrote The Handmaid's Tale. I don't think it was called dystopia at the time. We all just knew it as science fiction.  

A few years ago I read Oryx and Crane, and loved it. 

A couple of weeks ago, I was browsing on Amazon and came across her new book, The Year of the Flood. This is the sequel to the Oryx and Crane. So of course, I had to get it. And since it's been a few years since reading Oryx and Crane, I needed to get that one again for a re-read.

And guess what came in the mail this week?


Then my dearest mate Sarah (you can visit her here), introduced me to Erin Confren's Life Planners. After some staring at the website, I caved and decided to organise my life.

And when I collected my books, guess what else was waiting for me?


Happiness is getting some treats in the mail.






6 comments:

SarahMarie said...

1. Love the new layout!
2. Your friend Sarah sounds really cool. ;)
3. Never read those books before, will have to check them out!

:)

leigh hewett said...

I love getting books in the mail!

BTW...here is the recipe for my signature drink. Enjoy!

Velvet Dream
1 ½ oz CHAMBORD Flavored Vodka½ oz Vanilla Liqueur¾ oz Fresh Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice½ oz Cinnamon Syrup*¼ oz Pomegranate Juice5 Raspberries Muddle

Muddle raspberries in syrup. Add remaining ingredients and shake vigorously with ice. Strain over ice into a rocks glass. Garnish with raspberries.

*Cinnamon Syrup: Mix equal parts Demerara sugar and water with several cinnamon sticks. Dissolve sugar over heat, chill and serve.

Nicole said...

Love the book suggestions!

Susan Anderson said...

Never read either of those books you received, and I will order them up on my Kindle.

Gotta love an planner with your name on it!

=)

Kim said...

Oooh, very cool. Let us know how organizing goes. I really need to go through the house and organize. You can be my inspiration.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Love the book suggestions.