Sunday, May 13, 2012

Insurgent - Veronica Roth

It's getting cold here now.
You'll be hearing alot about the weather here
in the next few weeks.
But,
despite the coldness,
I found a fabulous way to warm up
on a Saturday afternoon.
All you need
is an extra large latte
and Insurgent.


It has occurred to me
that I really should have re-read Divergent
before diving into it's sequel
as I had a few brain freeze moments.

But oh,
Insurgent was fabulous!

Insurgent picks up right where Divergent left us.
This one has conspiracy after conspiracy
throughout the novel.
And a shocker.
I'm usually good at picking up on the
 OMG he didn't!
But not this time.
I was totally shocked!

Roth does an amazing job
at bringing her characters to life.
Tris is a strong 16 year old.
Yup, she's 16.
She's torn by her conscience.
Unable to accept herself
or believe others will accept and love her.
Four is the mysterious boy.
You know you love him
but he's secretive
and that bothers you.

Who should you trust?
And when the one you trust
betrays you,
what should you do?

Apparently,
once again,
I have to wait a year to find out
how it will all end.


1 comment:

Karen and Gerard said...

We both are enjoying this series too and just posted our review of INSURGENT. I was a bit confused by some things though, maybe you could give me your thoughts. Here's the link to our review: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/05/insurgent-by-veronica-roth.html