Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins


I hate being sick. You know, the I have no energy and all I want to do is sleep sick. Because of this, it took me two weeks to read a book that should have lasted a weekend!

But have no fear, I finally finished Mockingjay. And while I love having that sense of closure, I have mixed emotions about it.

In Mockingjay, Katniss has been rescued from the 2nd Hunger Games, District 12 no longer exists, Katniss, Gale and their families now live in District 13. President Coin wants Katniss to lead the rebels and be the Mockingjay.

The Peeta-Katniss-Gale triangle continues. And I'm not sure how I feel. Katniss didn't seem as torn as the men felt she was. And I'm not sure I'm happy with how she ended up with Peeta. Gale just seemed to leave, and Peeta suddenly got better. She's a strong character. She could've chosen neither!

I loved Hunger Games and Catching Fire, but this one seemed lost to me. Katniss didn't seem to care as much, and yes, she is just a child. It seems unrealistic to expect the same Katniss. This Katniss has been through 2 Hunger Games, Peeta has been taken, tortured, her body is still healing, so what did I expect of her? Peeta wasn't himself for most of the book, but then is suddenly better.

Real or not real is a game I now will have to play with Ethan. And now.... I feel a little sad....it's over. The trilogy that consumed me for the past month has ended. Now what..... (BDB is what...)






1 comment:

Zoƫ said...

I totally agree this book was a huge disappointment because I loved the first two but THEY JUST CAST THE HUNGER GAME MOVIE. So now there is something new to be excited over! March 2012 :D