Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer Blog Post - Recipe

June 18th - A recipe you love.

I bet you're shocked to see this one!
Recently,
Ethan's been asking for waffles for breakfast.
So I thought this was an ideal time
to share our waffle recipe.

1 1/3 cups flour
(I've been using 1 cup white and 1/3 whole wheat)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla

In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients.
Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and set aside.
In another bowl, beat eggs lightly.
Stir in milk, oil and vanilla.
Add egg mixture to dry ingredients.
Stir until just moistened.
Add mixture to a preheated, lightly greased waffle baker.









7 comments:

Kandi said...

Thank you for sharing. That seems like such a simple recipe!

Carrie Robinson said...

Going to save this one for when I FINALLY get my waffle iron out of storage, lol! :)

Jen said...

homemade waffles are so yummy! used to make them a lot... gonna have to dig out the waffle iron now!! :)

Kendall said...

Those are cute waffles!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe! I always use bisquick, but using regular flour would be much cheaper! We make our own waffles and freeze them so the kids can have them whenever they want (I have 1 waffle makers!)

Susan Anderson said...

Heart waffles!

=D

Unknown said...

:) we just got a waffle iron, and it's been a competition in our family to see who makes the best ones. I'm making these as soon as we're all here so I can win said competition :)